Thursday, May 19, 2016

Gingham

“I think it’s because it was an emotional story, and emotions come through much stronger in black and white. Colour is distracting in a way, it pleases the eye but it doesn’t necessarily reach the heart”. –Kim Hunter

Hey Guys & Dolls,
In a world where everything seems extremely crazy, it is sometimes important to keep things a little on the simple side. Sometimes, I need a little black and white cause the gray areas can get too confusing and what better way than to amalgamate two spring trends into this post, which in theory sounds complex but in actuality, remains extremely simple.
I really wanted to update the classic monochrome trend by experimenting with gingham especially after seeing it all over Victoria Beckham’s S/S 16 Collection.










Bardot Bodysuit: Miss Selfridge
Gingham Jeans: Miss Selfridge
Mini Tote: Marks & Spencer
Sandals: ZARA

Let me know what you think of my interpretation of the spring inspired trend below. I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig