Friday, January 1, 2016

Blogger's Note


Hey Guys & Dolls,
Welcome back to my blog. I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and an amazing NYE. I know I am still recovering from my revelries- Last Night was like a movie.

Before we go any further, I just want to say, WE MADE IT. I am both excited and grateful to see this day. When I started this blog 6 months ago, I didn’t think anyone would read it considering how saturated the market is becoming. I didn’t even think I’d still be going and whilst I have faith in myself, I probably wouldn’t have made it without a lot of people.
I would like to say a massive THANK YOU to my brother for taking all of my photographs. He is integral to the success of this blog. I would also like to thank Daniel and Delz for bringing me back to the blogosphere. I swear they literally drove me here. To my girl Ebi Pamere (who is an amazing singer by the way), for helping me brainstorm, picking out a name and miscellaneous tasks like fonts and logo designs, I LOVE and APPRECIATE YOU MAMA! To everyone else who read, retweeted, shared, encouraged my efforts and relayed back constructive criticism, you guys are the real MVP. THANK YOU ALL from the bottom of my heart!

I spent the latter days of 2015 thinking very hard about what was next for ‘The Black Mannequin’ and it is my pleasure to announce that TBM will now be incorporating posts about beauty and skincare. To many, it may not be a surprise as it is usually the path most bloggers follow post launch. However, I happen to major in Medical Science and I have always had an interest in dermatology because my own skin is quite problematic so I figured, I would document my journey to better skin as well as integrate a more in-depth look at the face that accompanies my fashion looks with y’all.
There are some amazing plans in the pipework and I cant wait to share them with you. Until then, follow me on Social media. You can find me on instagram, twitter and snapchat when you search @BLACKMNQN

Love Always,

Destini Monet
Share:

2 comments

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig