Monday, January 25, 2016

Grey Matter

Hey Guys & Dolls,
Welcome back! *MASE voice*
I hope y’all had an amazing weekend. Yesterday, I was washing the dishes and it clicked in my head, why Kanye rides so hard for Beyoncé.
I won’t go into the details for lack of time but I want you guys to understand how extraordinary it is to have a friend that rides for you no matter what.
In the last decade, a lot of friends have come and gone and some have stayed and some graduated into family but whatever the title, I have always wondered who had my back like I had theirs. Don’t get me wrong, I am not insecure, I think I love too hard. Once you’re in my heart, there you will be forever no matter what happens. I guess what I am trying to establish is, who really down for the kid? who is really there to hold me upright when I fall? Give me a hand when my wings forget to fly? And lend me some juice when I’m running on empty?
Last week, I finally understood what it meant to have a Kanye in my corner. To have a friend who believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself, a friend who actually showed me that our friendship came first even when I didn’t deserve it. I am honoured and I can only pray that it is a relationship that I have for the rest of my life.





Cashmere snood: Marks & Spencer
Jumper: Lulu Kennedy for Marks & Spencer
Pants: River Island
Coat: Topshop
Sneakers: NIKE Air Max Thea

Do you have a Kanye in your corner? Leave me a comment below; I’d love to hear all about it. I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The black Mannequin’.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig