Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Janus

“Sensual and spiritual are not easy words to use; that there are, perhaps, not two Aphrodites, but one Aphrodite with a Janus Face.” –E.M. Forster

Hey Guys & Dolls,
I have been getting a lot of admiration for my new cut along with the ‘New Year, New You’ phrase but I just wanted something different. I mean I haven’t had short hair in approximately 6.5 years.
I have nothing against the ‘New Year, New You’ concept because I do believe in embracing change and aspiring to be better but for some reason, I have been seeing some animosity towards people that post that phrase on social media.
Although I believe you should personally embrace change and personally aspire to be better every single hour of every single day, January seems to be the perfect month for that according to roman mythology as it was named after one of my favourite roman gods, Janus.
Janus was the god of beginnings and transitions, and thereby of gates, doors, doorways, passages and endings. He is usually depicted as having two faces, since he looks to the future and to the past.






Coat: Marks & Spencer
Glasses: River Island
Tee: River Island
Denim: River Island
Backpack: Marks & Spencer
Sneakers: NIKE Air Max Thea


I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig