Saturday, November 26, 2016

Power Play

Hey Guys & Dolls,
Welcome to the Fourth instalment of the ‘Act Like a Lady, Dress Like a Man’ series. I have been picturing this particular ensemble for approximately 2-3 years. My obsession began when Miroslava Duma, one of my style icons, was pictured wearing something similar on two separate occasions. Although I have seen many women in suits before, I had still never seen anything like it. 
I loved it so much that I made one of the pictures my screen saver. 
In addition to that, Keke Palmer was also styled in a cobalt blue ensemble by Antonio Berardi to the BET Awards in 2014 and I just knew that as long as I was alive, a cobalt blue suit had to live in my closet. 

Whilst both looks are pretty amazing, I really couldn’t decide in what direction I wanted to take my styling in regarding this look hence why I let the weather decide. Furthermore, there was so much more I wanted to do with this look details wise that time didn’t quite afford me but I am looking forward to doing it when I revisit this look during my archive series sometime next year. I feel like the colour is so loud and vibrant that it doesn’t need much accessorising. The suit pretty much accessorises itself.
  
















Suit: ZARA
Shirt: River Island
Shoes: Nicholas Kirkwood

What do you think of my look? Would you have gone for Miroslava or Keke’s look? Leave me a comment below. I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.
Share:

1 comment

  1. This is such a gorgeous suit! I may need on for myself.

    xo,
    Aïchatou Bella
    www.stilettosandstandards.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig