Thursday, November 26, 2015

Mau

“You see, sometimes I'm good. Oh, I'm very good. But sometimes I'm bad. But only as bad as I wanna be. Freedom is power. To live a life untamed and unafraid is the gift that I've been given, and so my journey begins.”

Hey Guys & Dolls,
How are y’all doing? I am so excited to share this post with you just because it exemplifies something that I have always wanted to do but thought I could never pull off. That’s right; I have always wanted to wear my outerwear and only my outerwear as my outfit without the unintended scarlet women subtext.
I grew up what society would deem a good girl until I wasn’t and now I’m not because I have finally accepted all of who I am. There is something about living in a label that feels like a cage. Being deemed a ‘good girl’ meant I had to live up to certain expectations and as a result, I never really accepted the other parts of me. Don’t get me wrong, I am not proclaiming to be a bad girl. I am merely saying that by accepting the best and worst of me, I became free and freedom is power. I feel empowered knowing in reason and in will, that I am exactly who I want to be, doing exactly what I want to do and saying the things I want to say the best way I know how.









Mac: River Island
Court Shoes: ASOS

I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig