Tuesday, September 27, 2016

New In V

Hey Guys & Dolls,
A big massive Welcome back to my blog whether you’ve been rocking with me since day one or you’re new to the family.
I know I haven’t blogged in a while and usually when I miss a few posts, I usually just make them up the next week but to answer all your questions, I have been so swamped with work.
If you know me, you know I have a 5 day working week and my days off are what I spend making sure my blog is up to date but throughout September, I have had two 12 days working week back to back with only two days off in between which I naturally spent sleeping, LOL and as a result, I could not create anything.
The next three months are going to be extremely busy for me workwise and personally, as I usually use the last quarter of the year to strategize how I can achieve the goals I had set at the beginning of the year as well as what I expect outta myself for the year ahead and how to accomplish these. However, I promise to try and stay on top of things.
Finally, I will leave you with what’s new to ‘The Black Mannequin’ closet this month.

The first thing I wanna show y’all is this grey leather hardback lined notebook which I purchased from M&S a few weeks back. Initially, I wanted a black leather notebook like the ones you see in Moleskin but once I saw the grey, it was love at first sight.
I must have been crushing on grey cause a few weeks after I bought the notebook; I came across not one but two grey nail polishes from Leighton Denny. I swatched both colors on my nail and took a poll amongst friends, co-workers and snapchat followers about what color I should get and 99.9% went for the dark grey. As I personally couldn’t choose between the two, I ended up picking up both.




In addition to these, I wanted to show y’all what my friend Brii brought me back from her trip to Italy back in August. Can I just have a moment of silence for that lipstick though? And just in time for autumn too. YASSS!!!!!


Moreover, Taraji P. Henson had a collection with MAC Cosmetics and as a woman of color who loves to support other women of color, I knew that I just had to pick up something from the collection. I didn’t care for anything but the Skinfinish natural called ‘Taraji Glow’ but imagine my horror when my item came and found that I had received the wrong product because MAC had globally mislabelled the Mineralize Skinfinish powders. Although I ended up with a highlighter instead of the bronzer/blusher I wanted, MAC gave me a refund and told me I could keep the product so now I have another highlighter in my collection. (I should do a post on my highlighter collection, LOL)


Finally, I bought a new coat. I actually bought two but I am saving the other for my coat look book so watch out for that post.
I bought a grey coat to replace the Topshop coat I had been wearing for approximately four years. I went for a single breasted; mid length coat because I wanted a smart jacket to give me a more sartorial look as my previous coats have all been that Olivia pope wrap coat style.


I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig