Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Varsity

“Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.”

Hey Guys & Dolls,
I was sat alone in my room this week when it dawned on me that I wasn’t really taking chances anymore and when I had deciphered through the whys, the answer was a hard pill to swallow.
I had developed this mind-set where I was only playing to win which meant if I had a shadow of a doubt that I could lose, I was riding the bench. I had gone from first string to sitting on the sidelines watching everyone play. I had become a spectator of the sport because I was scared to play, scared to fail. However, I remember Napoleon Hill saying, “One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat.”
Scared as I was to fail, I realised that I was even more afraid of never achieving my dreams. It finally dawned on me that I could only avoid my fear of failure by doing nothing and being nothing and who the hell wants to wake up just to exist when you can wake up and LIVE. You can wake up to achieve.
So here I am, giving myself permission to fail because no great success was ever achieved without failure.







Baseball Cap: 9FORTY
Jumper: River Island
Skirt: Alexa Chung X Marks & Spencer
Boots: Dr Martens


I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig