Wednesday, August 10, 2016

New In IV


Hey Guys and Dolls,
Welcome back to my blog.  As promised in my previous “NEW IN III” post, I will be showing you the beauty items I picked up whilst I was on vacation as well as some extras I picked up over the last 4 weeks. Whilst I was in New York, I made the mandatory Sephora trip that every girl must make whilst in Times Square. I was staying in less than a mile radius from 4 different branches; I couldn’t have avoided it even if I wanted to.

I picked up the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in ‘Sundipped’ for my older sister, which in my opinion is probably the most suited to darker/deeper skin tones. I haven’t got/used any ABH products but I am looking forward to trying her new stick foundation providing the formula is MATTE! The packaging looks amazing.



Following that purchase, I picked up 4 Kat Von D liquid lipsticks. I try not to collect makeup because I don’t wear it as often but I always knew that the Everlasting liquid Lipsticks by KVD was worth owning. This brand comes with rave reviews as it simply doesn’t budge once it dries which is absolutely perfect for me cause I like to talk, eat, drink, dance, sweat and know that my lipstick is still confidently sitting on my LIPS. YASSS!!!


Another two essential purchases were from the brand BECCA. I wanted to try out their ever lasting poreless priming perfector which comes with great reviews from Jackie Aina and whilst I initially had swatched and was prepared to buy the ‘Genius gel super charged foundation by Marc Jacobs, I bought the Ever-matte foundation from BECCA instead. I knew I could pick up the Marc Jacobs foundation in London and focused on products that may be a little more difficult for me to find in the UK.


Also on my list were the tartelette palettes by TARTE but after seeing them in person and swatching them in-store; I decided to go for the tartelette in bloom palette. I love the versatility of the colors compared to the original palette but nothing tops the idea of just carrying the one palette when going away on trips. YAY!!



To top off my multiple trips to Sephora, I picked up another product that Jacke Aina made me buy. It is the Two Faced ‘Better than Sex’ Mascara. I haven’t used this yet but I absolutely love the packaging on this mascara and I’m not a mascara fiend but it is just absolutely gorgeous. As I had amassed enough points in Sephora over three days, they gave me the Marc Jacobs gift, which consists of a lipstick and eyeliner that I find so cute.
ps. if y’all don’t know who Jackie Aina is, YouTube her. She is absolutely amazing at teaching women how to slay everyday! Love her!!!


After I came back from NYC, I told myself I was on a makeup ban for the next year or so but then I remembered the Magic of the Night collection from MAC Cosmetics I missed out on whilst I was queuing up for the #HMBALMAINATION launch and nostalgia hit like a mother. I owned a lipstick from that collection but what I really wanted was the ‘Oh! Darling’ highlighter because I literally wanted a glow Martians could see from space.
Unfortunately for me, all the sellers on eBay priced them too high and I almost gave up until I got the ‘Shaft of Gold’ highlighter for just under £20. I really didn’t want it but for that price, I really couldn’t resist. After I got it and saw how gorgeous it was, I knew I couldn’t give up on my first love so I kept searching until I found it and bought it. I mean, it was probably the best thing to happen to me that week.





Finally, if you have been reading my posts for a while, you will remember back in febraury when I blogged about my new BH Cosmetics brushes. Well, I have managed to complete the collection as I found the last set once again in TK Maxx. I don’t even think I wanna use them. They’re just so pretty!

What did you think of my beauty haul? What did you love? Leave me a comment below. I would love to hear from all of you.

I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig