Friday, July 1, 2016

Blogversary


Hey Guys & Dolls,
It gives me great pleasure to be celebrating ‘The Black Mannequin’ today. It has been exactly a year since I embarked on this amazing journey and it has been nothing but amazing.

I really had no expectations coming back into the blogosphere but the experience has been priceless. What I have learnt goes beyond fashion, beauty and lifestyle and I am glad to have shared that with all of you.

It may not seem like much but ‘the Black Mannequin’ amassed over 12000 views in just a year and I really don’t have enough words to thank every single one of you who have been here with me. The Criticism, The Love and The Encouragement are what have kept me going every time I wanted to quit when navigating life almost seemed like too much but we’re still here and we ain’t going. 

On a more celebratory note, I had an amazing weekend. The weather came through and I spent my time on a boat partying like it was 1998.
Initially, I struggled to find an outfit for this party to that point that I was going to buy a new outfit online which is very unlike me but that was also to no avail. The whole situation really surprised the hell out of me considering it never happens to me unless of course, I don’t want to go.
Nevertheless, I went to my go to, which is a JUMPSUIT, when all else fails and I thought I would show you how I styled it. It is reminiscent of WONDERLAND, which was one of my proposed holiday 2015 party looks.












Jumpsuit: ZARA
Bow Tie: Vintage
Shoes: Christian Louboutin

I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig