Monday, July 25, 2016

Empire State of Mind

Hey Guys & Dolls,
Welcome back to my blog. As many of you know, I recently went to NYC but what many of you wont know is that I have always wanted to go to NYC since I was 15. In fact, I was convinced I was going to move and live there until I didn’t. LOL

Fast forward a few years, I wanted to visit Paris for my 23rd birthday but my colleagues had decided that it wasn’t a very safe idea to go alone. I was met with phrases like “didn’t you see taken?” and finally, they had even promised to go along with me. We were going to make a girls’ holiday out of it.
Well, Paris never happened and I was still waiting for my solo trip.
Now I know you’re all wondering why I would ever want to go away alone but I have always been fascinated by the idea of oneness with self. It started off with going cinema alone, then it was having dinner alone then it was going clubbing alone.

I try to take a vacation annually and when it was time to book my vacation for 2016, I was meant to visit LA with friends. However, as they were all unavailable, what better time than to finally take my solo trip and what better place than the one I had always dreamt about.

And for the first time, I didn’t have to wonder what it felt like to walk the streets of Manhattan, Shop on Fifth Avenue or have breakfast on Park Lane.

Because when I woke up, I woke up in New York City fuelled with an awakening, an energy that inspired me to Live everyday, Laugh every moment and Love beyond words. In these moments, I existed outside of myself. I was Boundless.

















































Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig