Thursday, June 23, 2016

New In II

Hey Guys & Dolls,
Welcome back to my blog.
In addition to the crazy British summer we are experiencing, I have been crazy busy this last week and as a result, I won’t be publishing an OOTD.
I will, however, be showing you a few new additions to The Black Mannequin’s Closet.

In my last NEW IN post, I showed y’all what I was using on my face to tackle my hyperpigmentation and I am happy to say that the treatment is working even though I am not as committed to the cause as I oughta be.
As a result, I have decided to kick things up a notch and add a few bits to my skincare. Previously, I stated that I was using the Rodial Super Acids X-Treme acid rush peel in the evenings. As I have finished that round of treatment, I decided to try the PIXI 20% glycolic acid glow pads to aid skin cell renewal. In addition, I also bought the holy grail of all Holy Grail cleansers; it is the MURAD AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser. I have been using this for 3 years and my skin just loves this stuff. I can’t wait to see how this works out together with my other products.

Next up, I picked up a new Limited edition MAC Cosmetics lipstick called ‘INTOXICA’. It is described as a bright raspberry red shade with a matte finish. In my opinion, it can be compared to ‘All Fired Up’. However, 'All Fired Up' may be a little warmer/darker.
If you’re like me and have a thing for lipsticks but don’t like owning two shades that look the same, you should check out TEMPTALIA.COM
She has a feature on her website that lets you compare two shades of most makeup products as well as an extensive list of dupes for every makeup item released. It is such a money-saving handy tool to have. ps, if you do visit the site, tell Christine ‘The Black Mannequin’ sent you.

I picked up a pretty fuchsia piece, similar to my new lipstick from Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s lingerie line at M&S. I don’t need to tell y’all that Lingerie is a weakness of mine but Rosie for Autograph is a real problem for me, especially when they have gorgeous colours like the one photographed below.



Another item I picked up from M&S was these pair of leather brogues from the Autograph range. They were originally £55 but I got them in a staff sample sale for just £2. I literally couldn’t contain my excitement. I mean, who doesn’t love a bargain when it comes to shoes?

Finally, I picked up two items from ASOS and one of them is this gorgeous crown headband. I literally obsessed over this crown for days until I checked out my cart and even before it got here, I had warned my manager that I would be wearing it to work. Now, I won’t ever have to convince people that I’m royalty. Hello, I have a crown. I am Licensed to RULE!!!



The second item is a pair of sunglasses from Quay Australia. I absolutely live for these pair because I have been lusting after cat-eye lenses for years but could never find the right shape. I am still on the lookout for my perfect white cat-eye sunglasses but until then, this one will do me just fine.



Until next time folks, I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’ (but if you really can’t wait that long, follow me on snapchat @BLACKMNQN)





Share:

1 comment

  1. OMG Destini. The lingerie is stunning. I confess imagining you in them under the stunning outfits you wear is mind-blowing. As a cd I cant imagine anything nicer. So like the black silky M&S ones under your red dress for your birthday. xxxx had

    ReplyDelete

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig