Saturday, June 11, 2016

Mirage

“The goal of an artist is to create the definitive work that cannot be surpassed.” –George Bernard Shaw

Hey Guys & Dolls,
I have been people watching and that is the inspiration behind today’s outfit. As previously mentioned, I have a new Style Icon and as I have been trying to draw inspiration from her style, I discovered that it isn’t that much different from what everyone else is wearing. She just wears everything with confidence.
Going back to my statement about lacking inspiration, I found that it was my overthinking and trying so hard to be different from the massses that overcomplicated my thought/styling process. I am almost in a better place for it. I started this blog documenting how I picked my outfits based on my energy, my flow regardless of the event/dress code and/or people’s opinions.
However, in trying to fit in with current trends/ everybody’s standards, I drove myself crazy. I finally understood that creating the definitive work that cannot be surpassed was about reaching my level.
So here’s a figurative glass to me going back to creating something extraordinary.








Bomber Jacket: ZARA
Tee: Marks & Spencer
Necklace: Topshop
Denim: Topshop
Sandals: ZARA

I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig