Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Beat, The Heat, The Bittersweet

”As a little girl, I was always fascinated by art and the ability to create. To create was to live. There was and is nothing more beautiful than seeing words sway on a page, hearing music travel at the speed of light and being seared with the effusion of passion through dance.” –Destini Monet

Hey Guys & Dolls,
I wanted to share a different part of myself with y’all. Before I was a fashion blogger, I was a writer.
And when I experienced writers’ block, I’d listen to music and I’d dance. There was always an avenue for me to express myself and say the things I wanted to say. Every word, every note, every fluid movement was a color, a stroke painted on a page. Every feeling was a masterpiece.
Below is a piece I wrote a while back. Maybe one day I’ll tell you the story behind it.

THE BEAT

I danced to the rhythm of his heartbeat
An unquenchable fire, lit under my feet
Fluid movements with limbs so petite
Where my allegro symbolized his upbeat
And my allongé his downbeat
Oh yes, his cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias were mine to interpret
I danced to the rhythm of his heartbeat
An unquenchable fire, lit under my feet

THE HEAT

A dance I thought I danced alone quickly became a fete
Although there was only the two of us, everything was in replete
Limbs entwined, we generated a heat, so elite
Encapsulated in his abrazo, I’d never felt so complete
Though we moved together in a forbidden dance in a war of the feet,
Against each other, we compete

THE BITTERSWEET

So bitter to say goodbye to a love that was once oh so sweet
What is love, what is love I repeat?
I don’t know but I know I danced to a beat,
I felt the heat and when it was over, it tasted bittersweet.

I wanna know what y’all think. Leave me a comment below.

I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig