Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Wardrobe Essentials: PART II

Hey Guys & Dolls,
Today's post brings you the second installment of the Wardrobe Essentials Series.
Following the last post, I counted approximately 18 outfits I could create/see myself wearing from just ten core pieces if I was hypothetically building my closet from scratch.
This installment adds 7 more core pieces to the mix enabling the creation of looks you can wear from day to night. 


11. SILK BLOUSE
There is something ever so sensual about a silk blouse. It is so delicate, so feminine and so sexy. It effortlessly brings out the elegance in every outfit whether it is paired with a pair of jeans or a pair of dinner pants. It is one of those pieces that take you from day to night.

12. DRESS PANTS
These aren’t your typical work uniform black trousers/school uniform; these are a little more premium. They are practically equivalent to your LBD if you buy the right pair. These are usually more on the tailored side and are usually of a premium material e.g. silk, fine wool etc. The best thing about a pair of dress pants is that you can wear them with absolutely everything from bodysuits to crop tops to shirts.

13. TUXEDO BLAZER
The tuxedo blazer as suggested by its name is a dressy spin on your typical blazer. They are more evening orientated but like I say, fashion has no rules; wear as you please. They come in all different shapes and designs (open front, single and double breasted) and instantly dress up every outfit. Just like your dress pants, they are usually tailored and crafted from premium materials.

14. THE TRENCH COAT
Similar to the wool coat, the trench coat can turn up the heat on any outfit. It is appropriate for a lot of seasons, which makes it a key investment piece in your closet. The classic trench comes in a variety of colors but if you’re unsure of what to go for, start with a black or stone double-breasted piece.

15. BLACK LINGERIE (SETS & BODYSUITS)
I absolutely love lingerie and anyone who’s seen my collection knows that. I have been asked numerous times why I love collecting lingerie but just like putting on your makeup, if the base/foundation isn’t on correctly, everything else is likely to fall apart. I love lingerie even more ever since the ‘underwear as outerwear’ trend landed. I believe if done appropriately, it gives your outfit (especially at night time) that extra edge.

16. MENSWEAR INSPIRED FLATS
I am talking about loafers, I am talking about lace-up brogues, I am talking about borrowing from the boys. I believe MASCULINE CHIC is something to aspire to but only if you commit truly to the cause.
If you’re after hard cutting edge, borrow from the boys. It transforms an outfit like no other.

17. WIDE WAIST BELT/CINCHER
I thought it would be a great idea to add another accessory to the series. The wide waist belt as seen on many celebrities such as Victoria Beckham and Sarah Jessica Parker is a must have no matter what shape/size you are. I just love the way it pulls an outfit together (whether smart or casual) and that hourglass illusion it gives is surely an added bonus.


How many outfits can you make from both installments? What are your favorite pieces? Let me know what y'all think. I am Destini Monet and you have been reading 'The Black Mannequin'.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig