Sunday, February 5, 2017

EVE

Hey Guys & Dolls,
Welcome back to my blog. I wanted this year to convey a sense of power and authority, which is why I titled my blogger’s note, #TheKingship
A lot of people asked me what it meant, what I was trying to say and how it related to a style and fashion blog. The answer is quite simple really.
According to cultural-anthropological studies, clothing more than offers protection to the human body. It functions as a form of communication, which includes but isn’t limited to expressing one’s cultural identity, indicating political, religious or social standing.
For me, fashion is how I say the things I want to say and it usually covers anything from the sociogenesis of a persona to a simple 'I am hungry' which brings me to ‘EVE’. EVE was the first thing I wore this year and signifies a personal decision to LIVE. When I envisioned the outfit, I wanted to purport simplicity, independence and rebellion. How did I do?











Choker: Mirina Collections
Jacket: ZARA
T-shirt: MISSGUIDED
Boots: OFFICE

Love Always,

Destini Monet
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig